Here’s an award I have never been nominated for. It’s the Mystery Blogger Award! I was nominated by Xena at We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident. She’s an incredible blogger and I’m thankful for this nomination. Thanks, Xena! This award was created by Okoto, by the way.
Here are their words about this award:
WHY DID I CREATE THE AWARD?
I created the award because there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet. And, most of these blogs deserve recognition. For that reason, I decided to create my own award; and nominate people who can also nominate others; and so on. This is one of the best ways to create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere; as everyone gets nominated and they too can spread the fun by nominating more people for the award.
I decided to call the award “Mystery Blogger Award.” Why? Because the meaning of my name, “Enigma” is “mystery.” So basically, it’s named after myself; the creator. Plus, I think it’s cool because there are so many blogs that are still a mystery to us; and when we get to know them, it’s divine! And we find friends where we least expect.
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share a link to your best post(s)
Okay, here we go.
3 things about me:
1. I have been training myself as a multi instrumentalist for over twelve years. I’m no virtuoso by any means, but I do have some proficiency in multiple instruments.
2. I write fiction, but I read mostly nonfiction especially history books.
3. While I’ve been teaching myself Lingala, I have interest in learning other languages from multiple countries.
Xena didn’t put any questions in the post, so I’m going to answer the same ones she got when she was nominated by Ilene.
1. Write a haiku about being nominated for a blogger award and title the haiku with the cartoon character with whom you most relate.
With the most global mind now
2. What’s your superpower and how do you use it for good not evil?
The ability to manipulate time would be great. I can prevent disasters and change the past or future for the better.
3. Do you believe in a spiritual world or some kind of afterlife? If yes describe, if not why do you believe this is all there (not just a one word “no” answer for the atheists nominees)?
I have theistic beliefs and I do believe in an afterlife. My reasons aren’t limited to any religious book and it’s become even more so given some of my beliefs being challenged as of recently (long story). I know not everyone will agree with me on this not am I begging for anyone to do so. There were situations where I should’ve died, but didn’t. There are aspects of history that make way to much sense as things cycle across the vast fabric of time. While science is important, it’s not the end all be all for everything and anything to be explained. However, I don’t judge if anyone is a theist or atheist though.
4. What’s the best place in the world you’ve ever been and why should anyone go there? Convince me. Plane tickets are a good way to convince me. (Joke. The last part.)
I’ve only been to two countries in my life so far. My favorite place I’ve been to would be the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador. That was beautiful.
5. What are the top 10 songs that make you feel good when you’re down, or inspire you, or you just love to listen to anytime or all the time.
This is such a tough choice and will be in no particular order. I really have to think about it…
Got to Break It by Arka’n (Togolese metal in your face!)
Show Me the Way by Papa Wemba (That’s a fun song to practice Lingala with)
Through the Night by Masahiko Arimachi (You’re welcome, Outlaw Star fans)
Here I Stand by Dove Slimme
Drop It Again by Rophnan
Kala by Mbongwana Star (#CongoPride)
Hound by Swimteam
Hand Upon My Shoulder by Peter Kruse
Life Is Like a Boat by Rie Fu (I’m not a Bleach fan, but this song is great)
Oops Upside Your Head by The Gap Band (ORIGINAL UPTOWN FUNK!)
6: Share a link of your best post(s).
Three of my best posts so far in my opinion as of recently…
Defensive For What: This was a powerful poem that’s one of my recent favorites I wrote.
Do You (Or Should You) Separate the Artist From the Art?: This was one of the most commented on opinion posts I’ve written. I’m glad I was able to have civil discourse even though I had people who disagreed with me.
How I Learned to Utterly Despise that Expensive Ripoff, Overrated, and Bigoted Movie Called The Lion King (And the Existence of Kimba the White Lion Isn’t the Only Reason): Yes, it’s a rant post, but it was so cathartic getting out my frustrations as to why I have severe issues with The Lion King.
Here are my nominees for this award:
K at the Movies
Sir Charles the Poet
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What makes you an innovative blogger in your field?
2. What are issues that you’re passionate about?
3. Who are three famous people that you would want to have coffee with?
4. Why do you blog and what are your goals for your it?
5. Would you rather own a house that’s attached to an ice cream company or one that’s attached to a chocolate factory? Yes, that’s my required weird/funny question for this award. Haha!